Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday evening update

I'll probably have a series of shorter, more frequent updates for the next few days.

As far as I know the test went well this afternoon on my heart and we'll be starting chemo tomorrow. It is a five day regimen with mylotarg on day eight. At this point it looks like we'll use all four drugs -- fludarabine, idarubicin, cytarabine (Ara-C) and mylotarg.

I am also scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy/aspiration in the morning. The resident asked me this evening if I would be willing to participate in a research project and bank cells for genetic mapping. I thought it would be a good opportunity to give something back, and then when another doctor came by later for rounds he made it seem like he wanted to do a biopsy one way or the other, so I can't say it's totally heroic or anything. They will be able to check my cytogenetics once again and make sure nothing has changed since my last biopsy. I think everyone familiar with this blog knows how I feel about biopsy -- please pray that it goes well.

And thank you, once again, for your faithfulness to pray. I feel like I am always throwing out prayer requests and few thanks -- I realize the gift it is and appreciate all of you so much.

11 comments:

Happi said...

Amy, I and my family will be praying for you. Thank you for updating and keeping us up to speed on how you're doing. You are loved!
Happi in Illinois

Tami said...

We await your specific prayer requests, but our prayers are ALWAYS with you and your family. It is a priviledge and blessing to give back (by prayer) after you give us such wise words and comfort in spite of your battle.
Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Praying always for you!

Tammy C said...

Don't worry about the prayer requests.

Take care and will be praying for you.

Undeserving said...

Amy,
As you walk through the next few days, I just wanted to provide you some encouragement in how many lives you are touching through your journey. I'm sure you only have a small glimpse of that, but know that even what you are going through right now is bringing God glory... and bringing others to a fuller knowledge of the Savior. I can't tell you how many people I have shared your story with who have been touched very deeply by your love for your Savior - and have been challenged to discover a personal relationship with Him, or have had their commitment to Him refreshed. I can't pretend to know what today is like for you, but as a sister in Christ I know it must be living water to your soul to know that you don't struggle in vain. God IS using this for the good of many. May your lifesong sing to Him! We love you.

Matt and Faith

J said...

When stuff that is outside of our control, the only thing we can do is call on God to help us through, and it is always a pleasure to do so, never a burden!

You've given us all far more than we can really thank you for. Thank you for all your inspirational strength. Even though you may feel weak, God has worked wonders through you and we pray He will continue to work wonders through you for many years to come.

Carrie said...

I can't imagine what you're going through, Amy! I will continue to be praying for you!
Carrie (and Keith)

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but my friend Jessica S. asked me to pray for you. I just wanted to encourage you in this thought that you never know who is thinking about and praying for you :)
"and we know that in all things God works together for the good of those who love him who are called according to his purposes." Romans 8:28
You and your family are in my prayers, God bless, Lydia

Tammy said...

Amy,
I have followed your blog for many months now, but have never posted because I never really knew exactly what to say. To date, I still have no words. However, I want you to know what an inspiration you have been to me. Every post I read touches my heart in a way I cannot describe. I feel like I should be doing something to help you & instead you have taught me unconditional love, unconditional faith, and how to be still and wait upon the Lord, knowing that he has a master plan worked out for each of us and last but not least how to trust. God love and bless you Amy. You are beautiful, inside and out...and an inspiration to so many. Love & Prayers always, Tammy in Texas

ann said...

You may not think anything you're doing right now is in any way heroic, but you are wrong! You are amazing - the strength you have shown throughout all of this, as well as never losing faith in our Lord! Thank you for sharing your journey - such a personal journey with so many of us. I also say thank you, for allowing me to pray for you and your family!
annb

Anonymous said...

Amy you are loved very much and prayed for a long time, I am praying for complete healing and a long life for you. God bless you and your family YOUR BROTHER IN cHRIST Mike from Oklahoma