Monday, June 04, 2007

Chemo Round Four

Our appointment with my primary oncologist went well last Wednesday. He was pleased with how things have been going. I'll meet with my transplant doctor prior to the DLI next Tuesday and we'll most likely schedule bone marrow biopsy/aspiration #9 and make plans regarding what the future holds as far as continuing chemo and a possible second transplant.

In the meantime, I'm not pleased with my labs today. My white count doubled and blasts jumped to 21%. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but suffice it to say it's never a good thing when that happens. Please pray that the chemo this week will be successful in knocking the blasts back down and that the final DLI on the 12th will be effective. And for my sanity until the next set of labs on Thursday.


All heavy laden acquainted with sorrow
May Christ in our marrow, carry us home
From alabaster come blessings of laughter
A fragrance of passion and joy from the truth

Grant the unbroken tears ever flowing
From hearts of contrition only for You
May sin never hold true that love never broke through
For God's mercy holds us and we are His own

This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow
God give us peace and grace from You, all the day
Shelter with fire, our voices we raise still higher
God give us peace and grace from You, all the day through
- Jars of Clay

19 comments:

J said...

Keep heart, for there are many who are continually lifting you up in prayer to our all-powerful and infinitely wise Heavenly Father.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

Just wanted to boost your faith with some positive words:

Jeremiah 33:6

"Behold, I will bring you health and cure, and I will cure you, and will reveal unto you the abundance of peace and truth."

Jeremiah 17:14

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for thou art my praise."

We have His promises to hang on to and to agree with---healing is a finished work along with salvation, paid for at the same time with the same healing Blood! So, our mindset should be "You did it Lord for me, then according to this verse I will agree and say I will have healing just as I have salvation---it's mine NOW!"

Keep the faith in your heart and spirit and in what you say and confess--it really does make a difference. :)

Praying for you that the blasts will go down, as well as your white cell count, as you move forward one step at a time in faith, towards the total healing of your body.

Love,
Carol
(Aaron's mom)

Especially Heather said...

Still praying...

Pam said...

Still praying for you and your family:)

Amber D.M. said...

Ever in thought and prayer!

Love you, dear!
~ Amber

Linds said...

Keep believing, Amy. Still praying.

Carey said...

Im praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Your faith and strength through this trial continues to encourage me. I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I Love You.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
My thoughts and prayers are still with you...sorry for not writting...out of town. SOOO glad to hear that you celebrated Gary's 1 and a half birthday..absolutely nothing sounded more appropriate to me. I have hope and continue to have faith that you will se not only 26 but 27and God willing 77. I love you and my hopes are high, I remember we seve an Awesome God that holds each star in place and hears our every whisper and cry...with all my love
April Martin

Barb said...

You're ever in my prayers, Amy.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Do let let the worry of tomorrow rob you of the joy of today! All each of us have is this day! It is the day the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it! I know that is sometimes easier said than done, but remember that He has all of your tomorrows already in His ahnd and He already knows what will happen and He has everything under His control.

We are always praying for you!
Love,
Gina

Anonymous said...

We are friends of some families that you know in Missouri and have heard about you from them.... the Brandon family in Missouri is praying for you!

Kim said...

Still Praying,Amy!

Kim

Sis. Julie said...

Love and prayers are coming your way from Eagles View Baptist Church. You and your family are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
We continually lift you and your family up in prayer.

Housekeeping Cure at Glen Eyrie
Jeff Beird

Anonymous said...

Romans 8 v 28 - 32. A Christian friend sent me your blog & I just want you to know that we are praying for you in Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Believing and praying for an earthly miracle for you! May the Lord continue to cover you and your family in His perfect love.

Jenn B.

Anonymous said...

Ask big, Amy, He is VERY BIG!

We are asking for complete healing. This is not too hard for God.

God Bless Gary's mom.