I wanted to write a quick update to let everyone know I didn't have the bone marrow biopsy yesterday. The doctors have decided to wait until my counts begin to rise again, that way I should only have to have one instead of two. I'm content with that. It could possibly be by the end of the week, but I don't know a day or time yet. Currently my counts are still down and I'm still neutropenic. I was told it can take 5-6 weeks for the blood to rebuild after the start of chemo so it may be another week or so before they begin to rise.
I'm still in the hospital. I started with a new team of doctors on Monday (now working with Dr. Doll as my oncologist) and he said I'm not going anywhere until my counts start coming up, so I guess I'm here for a while still. I've been running fevers and having some nausea and upset stomach, plus the rash is still very, very present. Overall I haven't been feeling very good but they have meds to help with a lot and I've taken advantage of them. They're doing blood cultures just about everytime I spike a fever, and those get really old. Most are from my Hickman line but the ones from my arm are rough.
Thanks to Meam, Rowena, and Abby for the cards, and thanks to Alea and Grandma Edie for the packages. (Yes, Alea, it finally came!)