Friday's bronchioscopy went as well as possible. They weren't able to sedate me (gave up after about 400 mg of phentenol still wasn't doing anything), and I can't say I ever want to repeat the experience, but it's over and done with. So far they have not gotten any conclusive results so they are still treating me for a fungal-based pneumonia. In the meantime it seems like my fevers have lessened, and we are just waiting on my white count to come back. It took a big jump yesterday and reached 1.5 today. I'm glad it's finally headed up (hard to explain how you feel when it is non-existent) but I don't want it to fly up too quickly, either. I will most likely have biopsy #10 this next week to see what is going on in my marrow. The doctors have mentioned doing one but haven't put a date to it. I'd love to start talking about going home, but know I have more days here still, and I don't know what the schedule will be like if we decide to go straight to transplant. I had a lung test done on Friday a part of transplant pre-requisite, so we are heading that direction.
Thanks, as always, for your prayers.